THINGS TO DO
- Keep a to-do list to manage your time effectively
- Briefly review notes before class
- Take notes while reading (most learning takes place when you write it down)
- Draw words or concepts to reinforce learning (65% of people are visual learners)
- Never leave a PowerPoint slide empty - always write something next to it (thoughts, questions, mnemonic devices, et cetera)
- Bring questions from homework before, after, or during class to the teacher.
- Pinpoint weaknesses and attempt to make them your strengths
- Attend all lectures
- Come to SI sessions if you need to develop study strategy skills and organization - that's why I'm here!
WHAT IT TAKES?
- Self-discipline (don't be a procrastinator)
- Attentiveness to detail
- Active involvement in discussions
- Dedication and motivation
- Optimism and confidence
- A proactive spirit and focused mind
- Setting goals and doing your best!
Above all, seize every opportunity to become successful. Make yourself proud this semester!